Re: Panel

<quote who="Jeff Waugh">

> Why would the config files be in the prefix? I'm assuming they're in /etc
> primarily because it would be daft to put them elsewhere.

So it seems that Slackware puts stuff that *ought* to be in $sysconfdir into
the prefix. Thus, /etc is in /opt/gnome/etc. This is, to be frank, utterly
braindead.

If anyone has suggestions for handling this *gracefully* in the GConf
Makefile, I'm all ears.

   "I think it will be admitted by all that to have exploited so great a
     scientific invention for the purpose and pursuit of entertainment
    alone would have been a prostitution of its powers and an insult to
        the character and intelligence of the people." - John Reith