Re: Panel

<quote who="Barthel aus Pennswald">

> It turns out that Garnome is looking for GConf info in /usr

?!

> Perhaps Garnome should be using gconf-config-1 --prefix to locate the
> previous config files?

Why would the config files be in the prefix? I'm assuming they're in /etc
primarily because it would be daft to put them elsewhere. From the GConf
garball Makefile:

post-install:
	@echo " ==> Configuring cross-prefix GARNOME compatibility..."
	@$(prefix)/bin/gconftool-2 --get-default-source > $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schema-install-source
	@if test -f /etc/gconf/1/path ; then \
		grep gconf.xml /etc/gconf/1/path >> $(sysconfdir)/gconf/2/path ; \
	else \
		echo "xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory" > $(sysconfdir)/gconf/2/path ; \
		echo "xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults" >> $(sysconfdir)/gconf/2/path ; \
	fi

     "They cosset us with trappings to shut us up. That way when we say
     'sharecropper!' you can point to my free suit and say 'Shut up pop
                          star.'" - Courtney Love