Re: Nautilus themes

On 2002.12.09 17:13 Matt Blaha wrote:
It has happened yet, there just aren't many themes available. GNOME
now
uses icon theme standards from freedesktop.org, you get the
accessibility themes, the standard themes, and blue curve themes with
garnome, I haven't been able to find many others yet.

There is also no official way to change the icon theme yet that I can
find. Best solution I've found is to manually change the
desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme key with the configuration editor.
You can find your installed icon themes in $PREFIX/share/icons.

Another bad thing about this is the fact that the Bluecurve that garnome comes with has b0rked filenames. Things like "application-x-msword" instead of what gnome-vfs looks for which is "gnome-mime-application-x-msword". Or something very similar to that problem. I have gotten almost all of them to be named correctly at one point in time, but there were still some that kept their old (unwanted) icons.

Samuel Stringham