Re: compiling

<quote who="Matt Rose">

> > > 2.  upgrade to gcc-3.2 and the python-2.2 devel packages, does anyone
> > > know if this breaks anything?
> >
> > Only C++ stuff.
>
> hmm, any c++ stuff in garnome?  IOW if I upgrade my compiler, and compile
> any more garnome stuff, will it cause major b0rkage?

Mozilla, gtkmm, etc. Any versioning differences between the compiler used on
your system libraries (usually 2.9x these days, 'cept for Mac OS X and Red
Hat) and what you're trying to build will breakbreakbreak.

> > > 3.  not install straw.
> >
> > Well, unless you want an RSS aggregator, that's a pretty easy solution. :-)
>
> Hmm, still contemplating...

It is cool. ;-)

> btw, love GARNOME, and think you're by far the best person to head up the
> GNOME Foundation.  I wanna give you a big "Way to go" for everything
> you've done for GNOME, not just garnome.

Heh, thanks. Not entirely sure I'm the right person to *lead* the board, but
lots of people seemed to think I should be on it... So much more to do...

     "What's up with that word though... it's like something you did to
          frogs in grammar school." - Ani DiFranco on bisexuality