Re: Installing garnome 0.19.3 on Mandrake 8.2

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 04:27, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="D. D. Brierton">
>
> > Still didn't work. I changed ~/garnome-0.19.3/gnome/gimp-print/Makefile
> > to have this line:
> >
> > CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS) --without-gimp --with-cups=no
> >
> > but the installation still fails on libgnomeprint complaining about
> > CUPS:
>
> That's because it's building/b0rking libgnomeprint, not gimp-print. :-)

Yep. I was initially puzzled by your suggestion to put the
--with-cups=no line into gimp-print's Makefile, but as I'm working in
the dark I thought I'd give it a go. I'm now trying with the above
configure arg added to the Makefiles for:

gimp-print
libgnomeprint
libgnomeprint20
libgnomeprintui
libgnomeprintui20

I'll let you know how it goes. If I get it to build eventually perhaps
we could add a note for other Mandrake 8.2 users to the web page. I'll
get this installed if it takes me all week!

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com           www.dzr-web.com