Re: Installing garnome 0.19.3 on Mandrake 8.2

<quote who="D. D. Brierton">

> Okay. Having tried what I thought you meant can I just try being very
> literal. Is this the file you mean:
>
> ~/garnome-0.19.3/Makefile
>
> and do you mean adding (and not modifying given that there is no such
> line in the above):
>
> CONFIGURE_ARGS = --with-cups=no

No, do it in the gimp-print garball's Makefile - plus, it already has a
CONFIGURE_ARGS variable there for you to add to.

> One interesting thing: I accidentally started "make install" from
> ~/garnome-0.19.3 instead of from ~/garnome-0.19.3/meta/gnome-desktop and
> EVERYTHING compiled (with the above change) although GNOME2 still
> wouldn't start when I tried to.

Yes. But everything is a metric shitload, most of it unsupported add-ons
(and KDE to boot), so I generally don't recommend doing this.

   "I came for the quality, but I stayed for the freedom." - Sean Neakums