Re: Installing garnome 0.19.3 on Mandrake 8.2

On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 06:18, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> There have been some reports that adding --with-cups=no to the
> CONFIGURE_ARGS line in the garball Makefile help

Okay. Having tried what I thought you meant can I just try being very
literal. Is this the file you mean:

~/garnome-0.19.3/Makefile

and do you mean adding (and not modifying given that there is no such
line in the above):

CONFIGURE_ARGS = --with-cups=no

to that file? It's just that I've tried several times with various
variations and nothing is working.

One interesting thing: I accidentally started "make install" from
~/garnome-0.19.3 instead of from ~/garnome-0.19.3/meta/gnome-desktop and
EVERYTHING compiled (with the above change) although GNOME2 still
wouldn't start when I tried to.

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com           www.dzr-web.com