Re: Installing garnome 0.19.3 on Mandrake 8.2

<quote who="D. D. Brierton">

> On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 06:18, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > There have been some reports that adding --with-cups=no to the
> > CONFIGURE_ARGS line in the garball Makefile help, but that hasn't worked
> > reliably for me - anything I add regarding cups to the configure line
> > makes it attempt to install to /usr. Without adding anything, it works
> > fine.
>
> "Without adding anything, it works fine"? Sorry, Jeff, there's probably
> just a typo there but you lost me. You mean that you can install Garnome
> in vanilla mode - perhaps as root (and therefore allowing stuff to install
> to /usr)?

No, GARNOME installs perfectly for me without any modifications, especially
with regards to CUPS. Of course, I install as me, to ~/garnome. Nothing is
written to /usr.

I wouldn't release it if that weren't the case! :-)

So, that's the problem. No one's been able to explain why the CUPS stuff
happens, and how to disable it for *everyone*.

     "Free software never simply picks up its marbles and goes home." -
                            Jonathan Corbet, LWN