Re: [gamin] greedy gam_server

On Saturday 04 November 2006 10:19, Bruce Bales wrote:
> You and I may be the only ones on this list.  Good luck,
> bruce

Well, there don't appear to be any developers around....

This is a really common problem.  Based on my googling, I
learned that ubuntu is in the process of getting rid of
gamin, that replacing the gam-server binary with a script
that returns true doesn't appear to hurt anything, and,
if you want to go to the trouble, you can probably tweak
your /etc/gaminrc file to make the problem go away.

Here are the relevant lines from my config:

   none /var/log/*
   fsset jfs notify

Replace "jfs" with the filesystem used by your home
directory.  I think.  It's been a while....

Google on gaminrc if you'd like to get a better idea
of what's going on.

Good luck!

Barry