Re: [gamin] gam_server trying to access non-existence files in /home

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 09:39:42AM -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> Fixing the applications is obviously not feasible for me. This is a pretty
> much default installation from Fedora project plus some install from other
> repository.
> You were saying that I may have problem with my configuration. I'm assuming
> this is caused by the fact that my /home is on NFS share, since most people
> doesn't seem to experience this. Any suggestion on how I might fix the
> configuration part to deal with this problem ?

Reuben, you can take a look at
http://www.gnome.org/~veillard/gamin/config.html

You can reduce the load on your nfs server using 'fsset nfs poll 10'.
It tells gam_server to poll every 10 seconds on nfs mounted volumes.

Philippe, a bypasser hoping he understood it right :o)
--
My mom had Windows at work and it hurt her eyes real bad.