Re: [gamin] configuration options

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 07:26:21PM +1000, TomPh wrote:
> > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 03:07:03 -0400
> > Not wanting to make a mountain from a molehill, please just accept
> > the patch I proposed, or something like it, so that we can readily
> > disable debugging if so desired.
>
>   Can you send a patch with just that subset. The one you sent
> does like 3 different things, even changing the dnotify back-end
> configuration...
>   Thanks,

All it does is move the inotify block ahead of the dnotify block in
the config script. That is so that dnotify can be re-enabled if need
be. I think John arranged that sometimes, dnotify is used when inotify
can't be relied upon. Certainly, my recent testing indicated that
disabling dnotify while retaining inotify improperly reduced reporting
in relation to links. Hence the re-enable.

Apart from that, it:
1. fixes wrong outcomes from a couple of the usage-cases for the
--disable-kernel option (though I get the impression that support for
that option has more or less been abandoned);
2. reverts the forced imposition of the -g compile option, because -g
is added when debugging is enabled, and that is the default, again;
3. adds a couple of lines of information to the 'summary report'
printed at the end of the configure process.

Regards
Tom