Re: [gamin] configuration options

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 03:34:11PM +1000, TomPh wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> This is a followup to archived recent discussion about the default
> configuration and compile options applied when building gamin. The
> upshot of that is that as of now, a '-g' option is force-fed when
> configuring.
>
> I want to advocate a different approach.
>
> As a user, I certainly don't want a server that is a tad over 3 times
> bigger than it needs to be, unless I need it to be, if you know what I
> mean.

  This viewpoint will have merit and such a change will be made
once we have reached 1.0 production quality. In the meantime, I
still see too many unknown bahaviours that only a runtime dump
in the user's environment can help tracking.
  This is needed ot reach 1.0 quality as soon as possible. Once
we are there then debugging will be deactivated by default, at the
moment it does not yet make sense to me.

Daniel