Re: [gamin] New inotify backend checked in

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 11:04:42AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > Yes, if we decide to support a busy poll fallback when using inotify, it
> > would be MUCH cheaper than the dnotify was. But I'm still not convinced
> > that it is needed.
>
>    I gave rationale for it, point is that if it isn't needed it won't
> be used, but implementation is ultra cheap especially on inotify. The problem
> is that within 3 months you won't get any feedback about those use cases.

  That said that should not block us from pushing a release to get feedback.
The main problem anyway will be to have an inotify recent kernel. Fedora
doesn't, Mandrake still use the old kernel API, so this will have limited
scope. We can still discuss the poll/no poll added support and mechanisms
independantly.
  I will try to make a release over the week-end

Daniel