Re: games-list gnome org

> I was wondering where do I go from here if I wanted to commit my changes
> to git and overall contribute to this project. Please excuse my newness
> with open source. But I am glad to be starting somewhere!

It's best to look at Bugzilla like you are already doing and contribute some patches.
A good link to start with is https://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove.
See the section about JHBuild which tells you how you can run the newest version of GNOME and gnome apps alongside your older version.
Also see the section about creating and submitting patches.

There is a plan for modernising gnome games.
See https://live.gnome.org/GnomeGames/Modernisation
and https://live.gnome.org/GnomeGames/ModernisationPartDeux

I think any parts there not in green are tasks that need doing.

John C