Re: gnome games on github, gnome-games repository

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Mario Wenzel <maweki gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

as you may have read on planet gnome, gnome now has a mirror on github
(http://aruiz.synaptia.net/siliconisland/2013/08/gnomes-official-github-mirror.html).

You may wonder why your game is not yet on github. The whole shebang works
via a commit-hook and therefore you need to push something into your
repository to make them appear on github. When this is done, you may want to
watch out for github forks from your repository. :)

While finding out about that I had a talk with Andrea Veri because the
gnome-games repository (which is deprecated) had been pushed to github while
others were not. We removed gnome-games from github because we don't want
anybody coding against that which is the same for gnome-games on
git.gnome.org.

If you do need some code from gnome-games (you probably shouldn't), you can
find it here: https://git.gnome.org/browse/archive/gnome-games

This was just some informational material and we look forward to many fine
contributions through github :)

Thanks Mario!

Greetings

Mario