Re: Vala porting

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 14:27, Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> You may have noticed a bit of a trend going on in GNOME Games with
> some games converting to Vala...
>
> What I know as part of this Vala conspiracy:
> - Chess and Mahjongg are in Vala currently
> - Sudoku has been in progress for some time (sorry for that).  We've
> had some good interest in getting this finished, just everyone is in
> the typical state of not enough hours in the day.  Also the core logic
> of Sudoku has been a roadblock in this.
> - GLines is in progress (Thomas H.P. Anderson) and Gnomine (me)
>
> How do people feel about this?  Good/bad/indifferent?

I am working on a vala port of Glines. I wanted to get my feet wet
with a small game and at the same time get around to some planned
improvements (Cairo and Clutter graphics modes, GtkApplication based,
GUI in ui files, etc.) I plan to help out with sudoku and maybe get
started on the js games too.

Obviously I think it is a good idea :) The code is shorter and easier to read.

- thomas