Vala porting

Hi all,

You may have noticed a bit of a trend going on in GNOME Games with
some games converting to Vala...

What I know as part of this Vala conspiracy:
- Chess and Mahjongg are in Vala currently
- Sudoku has been in progress for some time (sorry for that).  We've
had some good interest in getting this finished, just everyone is in
the typical state of not enough hours in the day.  Also the core logic
of Sudoku has been a roadblock in this.
- GLines is in progress (Thomas H.P. Anderson) and Gnomine (me)

How do people feel about this?  Good/bad/indifferent?