Re: Splitting GNOME Games

En/na Robert Ancell ha escrit:

If we split, we need to define what the "GNOME Games" team is.  I
propose that we are a team that maintains a set of "good quality"
games for GNOME.  I suspect the split games will give us some good
- Adding in new games as technology changes
- Dropping games that are a support headache
- Keeping the team healthy by bringing in new people

Hi Robert,

It is great that you bring these issues.

This can be a good opportunity to make gnome-games more inclusive to new games developers.

Until now, we have been restricting the number of games in GNOME Games package telling new game developers that their games cannot be included. This is an exclusive approach. I suggest to consider:

- Defining a criteria of what is a GNOME game (technologies, etc)
- Define a clear process for a game be part of it

I think that now that gnome-games is going to be split, this can be a good opportunity to do this.

Thanks,

Jordi,

--
Jordi Mas i Hernàndez -Bloc: http://gent.softcatala.org/jmas/bloc/