Frog! Game for Linux Ubuntu 10.04 -- debugging help request. Lazarus Free Pascal

Hi All,

Sorry but I have come in half way thru' this conversation. I changed
the subject :-)))

I am not really up on the latest in Linux graphics today. My latest
game (Frog game) was completed as a Source Forge open source public
domain game a few years ago. Someone made a mobile app game from it
and at the time I even was on a bus here in my home town (Hobart) and
saw a child playing my game. I was both simultaneously proud and also
a little lost for words and I lost the email and company details of
the folk who made it.

Here is my last Frog game:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/frog-retro-game/ for Windows XP

It is written in Delphi 7 for Windows XP and someone emailed me that
they had converted it to a mobile app. I am pretty sure he/she would
have used Lazarus free pascal. It was open source and public domain.

Lazarus is a clone of Delphi 6 and is cross-platform. I now am a
casual developer and my game writing takes a second seat in my life.
:-) It is a strong interest as I no longer work and I am very aware
that my health must not suffer. I don't work any more and I'm on a
pension.

I welcome input about the Jedi SDL games being developed and I'm also
interested to ask what languages people develop with. I tried
converting my legacy Delphi 5 & 7 apps to Lazarus free pascal with
much success. I am still developing them and have interests in new
games.

Is anyone interested in developing games with me. If so, which
programming languages do you use. I want to learn Java and I know some
internet friends interested in helping.

(version 1.1)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/frog-retro-game/

This is the Frog! Retro remake game for Windows, of the original
Commodore PET game by Bob Carr circa 1980. The version has been
developed 2002-2006 by Peter Eric Williams (me).

https://launchpad.net/frog ---- alpha of next version... my first
launchpad project. :-)))

(alpha of next version with a bug. The bug is that the graphics don't
display property. Run it and you'll see. Binary included. You'll need
to install Lazarus Free Pascal if you want to debug it and it's just
like Delphi 6).

PLEASE HELP

The game uses it's own graphics unit based on Jedi SDL graphics which,
at the time were pre-1.0 release. Circa 2003. I have about 5 months
ago created a new Lazarus version and it has at least one bug. I am
unfamiliar with graphics debugging as this was my first arcade game.
:-))) Previous version in Delphi 7 for Windows XP found on source
forge (see url above).

About ME & Background
====================

Poetry is another strong interest for me.

It was very rewarding to see a young child enjoying my game (Frog!
Retro Remake Game) on his mobile phone. My Source Forge was converted
by someone else (don't know the platform).

I don't really play mobile phone games so I didn't feel that I knew
enough about them to see the transition from Windows XP arcade style
to mobile phone game. I am happy to see that someone too over my game
and I have rewritten parts of it and trying to debug it with I think
one bug. :-)))

I have schizophrenia and a type of autism and am on medication. :-) I
am very well these days and see a psychiatrist regularly.

In many aspects I am one of the very lucky persons with schizophrenia
as so many of us do not get the help we need. Drugs, alcohol, and
gambling and different addictions are all contributing factors to
mental illness in society. Also bad neighbours and near-slum
conditions make illnesses worse.

Hobart is a beautiful city and quite conservative. It is the capital
on an island called Tasmania in Australia. Us Aussie's tend to be very
down to earth. If you ever meet an Aussie he/she will probably say
"G'day, mate. How ya going?" -- we tend to ask how are you? Not every
detail about your life story. Of course there are always exceptions.

If you want an insight into mental illness in Tasmania the look up the
Martin Bryant killings of dozens of people in Port Arthur in Tasmania.
He used to live here in Hobart and lived alone (or possibly with his
girl friend... I don't know the exact details) and he played one of
those first person killing games for "enjoyment".

One morning he simply got up, had breakfast and drove to Port Arthur,
stole some weapons and proceeded to visit an old convict settlement
called Port Arthur which was a thriving tourist attraction and
systematically murder more than two dozen innocent humans for hours.
He was captured alive and sent to trial. He was found to NOT have any
mental illness and is rotting in jail NEVER to be released.

All this was before I came to live in Hobart. About 6 months later my
mum and I came to Hobart for a 2 week holiday and we did some bus
trips around the state. We found it to be a very pretty island with
many down to earth people. There are many craftsmen, artists, poets,
musicians and greenies. The forestry industry here is in a bit of
trouble... Just do some reading about the Gunns wood chip factory
being built. We also have a Cadbury's chocolate factory in Hobart !!!!
mmmmm..... chocolate!!!! :-))))

I lived in Canberra at the time working for the Government as a
draftsman and database and website person. It is almost 8 years now
since I moved to Hobart and the people here and friendly and fairly
conservative. I also attend church on a regular basis.

I do not develop violent games :-)))

With Best Regards,
   PEW { Peter Eric Williams }
from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia