Re: Frog! Game for Linux Ubuntu 10.04 -- debugging help request. Lazarus Free Pascal

Hi Peter,

> Sorry but I have come in half way thru' this conversation. I
> changed the subject :-)))

Don't worry, surely there is room for more than one simultaneous
topic on a mailing list... And I think our previous discussion is
about ended by now.

It was somehow a refreshing surprise to get your story from the
other side of the globe -- I live in Finland, which is not far from
the exact opposite point  ;-)

> I welcome input about the Jedi SDL games being developed and
> I'm also interested to ask what languages people develop with.
> I tried converting my legacy Delphi 5 & 7 apps to Lazarus free
> pascal with much success. I am still developing them and have
> interests in new games.
>
> Is anyone interested in developing games with me. If so, which
> programming languages do you use. I want to learn Java and I
> know some internet friends interested in helping.

I think I can help you out with Java but I don't think I have
much time to devote to active development...  One retro-spirited
nibbles-like game I've been developing little-by-little, though :-)

The programming languages I usually use nowadays are C, C++
and Java ( in the chronological order that I learned them). But I
can read Pascal code somewhat...

You know, Peter, I believe the regulars of this list would prefer us
to continue our discussion somewhere else if it doesn't have
any obvious connection to the games of the Gnome system...
I'll send you an email.

Regards,
Vesa