Re: Fwd: [delphi-en] Seeking Memproof like app for use With Free Pascal Lazarus RAD (Delphi 7 clone)

Hi Peter,

On Tuesday 04 May 2010 23:44:45 Peter Williams wrote:
> Hi Shlomi
>
> On 4 May 2010 19:27, Shlomi Fish <shlomif iglu org il> wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > On Tuesday 04 May 2010 10:53:02 Peter Williams wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Please do not think this is SPAM as that is furthest from my honest
> > > intentions. ALSO Apologies for the long post. If it upsets you then I
> > > respectfully suggest that you excercise you finger and delete the
> > > message -- it does not bother me.
> > >
> > > I want to develop FOSS code for Linux Games with I have over many
> > > decades developed in both Delphi 7 Enterprise and Lazarus RAD (Delphi
> > > cross platform RAD -- I forget which version)
> > >
> > > Probably wed or thurs I will get Acronis True Image to recover my
> > > backup
> >
> > of
> >
> > > Ubuntu 9.04 from my NexStar for my desktop at home.
> > >
> > > At the moment I am using a public access pc in the Tas State Libary..
> >
> > Great
> >
> > > with comfory chair and huge monitor etc.
> > >
> > > Looking for recommendation on similar debugger to Memproof for use with
> > > Lazarus RAD and Free Pascal.... is this possible or what is the closest
> >
> > app
> >
> > > for GNOME with a friendly GUI ???
> >
> > May I ask what does this have to do with the gnome-games mailing list? As
> > far
> > as I know, no games in the gnome-games package are written in Free Pascal
> > - some of them are C, some are C++ and AisleRiot also uses GNU
> > GUILE/Scheme .
>
> My code is originally Delphi 7 Enterprise for Windows currently being
> ported to Lazarus free pascal (some already ported).

[SNIP]

This is all nice and dandy, but how does it answer my question? I can see why
you want to get this question answered, but I don't see why we would be
interested in seeing this question here, given that this list is not about FPC
in particular and that practically no one here deals with FPC or is very
familiar with it. You'll have better luck asking on one of FPC's mailing lists
or web-forums - not here.

Otherwise, your questions about FPC seem like off-topic noise here.

> > I'm not sure the gnome-games maintainers will accept any FPC-based code
> > into
> > their distribution.
> >
> > So why are you cross-posting your messages regarding FPC to the
> > gnome-games mailing list? I strongly suggest you refrain from doing this
> > because it is off-topic here.
>
> Actually, what I am really wanting to do is find a discussion list or yahoo
> group for discussing GNOME Game programming techniques...

As far as I know games-list discusses GNOME game programming, but not in FPC
in particular. It may also be restricted to discussing the standard gnome-
games distribution (not sure).

> I am a long term
> Windows Delphi 7 Ent developer and now develop with Lazarus and other
> languages for Ubuntu. I also need help and advice with installing Lazarus
> and selecting a debugger similar to Memproof for Windows for Ubuntu. Is
> this Possible???

Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. It's still off-topic here. There are better
forums to discuss it, so please post it there.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish