GSoC Telepathy/gnome-games integration

Hello,

I am interested in applying to do a GSoC project this summer, involving further integration of the Telepathy framework into gnome-games to allow users to easily play games with their IM contacts. I am familiar with last summer's project to integrate multiplayer play with Telepathy tubes to gnome-sudoku, and would like to build on the success of that project this year.

My initial thoughts have been to work on adding this support to glChess, with functionality to begin new games as well as save their progress to continue a game later. I am, however, open to other suggestions from potential mentors regarding which game(s?) would be good candidates to receive this kind of work. The games which already have GGZ support seem to me to be the best options, as the design structure necessary for integrating networked play should already be in place.

I would like to learn your thoughts about the following:

-- Would there be anybody here willing to mentor me for this project?
-- What games would be best to work?
-- For anyone involved on last year's gnome-sudoku project, what lessons were learned that would be helpful for me to know while preparing an application?
-- Is anybody here familiar enough with the design of the GGZ infrastructure and with Telepathy tubes to estimate difficulty in "tubifying" games that already have GGZ support?

I look forward to hearing from you.

--Brian Croom