Re: sol BadMatch Error

Hi;

Am Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:27:15 +0100
schrieb We Die Young <cyclonus lavabit com>:
> When trying to launch sol, I get the following error:
>
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0".
> The program 'sol' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
>    (Details: serial 465 error_code 8 request_code 152 minor_code 5)
>    (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported
> asynchronously; that is, you will receive the error a while after
> causing it. To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>     option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>     backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.)
>
> I have had this for quite a while now (several months), but never
> bothered to do anything about it.

It's quite possibly a bug in either aisleriot or gtk+. Please install
debug symbols for aisleriot and the x11 and glib/gobject/pango/gtk+
libraries, and then do as the error message says (run under gdb with
--sync, break on gdk_x_error, reproduce the bug) and get a back trace.
(See e.g. [1] if you need help with doing this. Where it says
"<arguments, if any>" replace that with "--sync" (without the quotes).)

Regards,
	Christian

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Backtrace