rentoy game for aisleriot (was: Re: Aisleriot ideas)

Hi;

Am Wed, 08 Dec 2010 13:38:27 +0100
schrieb Francisco Yuste <fran yuste com>:

> I fully agree with this feature.
> As Scheme coder, with regard to rentoy project[1], I'm strongly
> interested on having the option to choose any Spanish deck[2].

That game info would include which card deck the game needs; still the
scheme itself doesn't need access to that info.

> I don't have any problem on replacing my own deck[3], that by the way
> doesn't work with the version of aisleriot in Ubuntu Maverick.

You need to update the 'andandare' theme to the new-ish card theme
format, see http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGames/CardThemeFormat .

Also, the rendering time for that file is really excessive; if we were
to include this in g-g-extra-data, it would certainly need to be
improved. (Alternatively, profiling librsvg rendering this file, and
fixing the slow rendering there would make a useful project for
someone!)

> > > I'd also add a rough estimate how difficult the game is.
> As user, it wouldn't help me so much. I would prefer much more to
> install a package with difficult aisleriot games instead.

So it *would* help you to choose the difficult games, no?

> As aisleriot game developer (and possible package maintainer), I would
> like to make work my program just by copying files, without editing
> the common framework files of aisleriot.

Adding a new game to aisleriot is very easy and detailed at the bottom
of the README file
[http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-games/tree/aisleriot/README]. I
don't think we want to support adding games from outside our repo,
though.

So from a quick look at your 'rentoy' repo, what would need to be
fixed to be able to include it in aisleriot is a) the card theme, as
mentioned above, b) combining all the scheme files into one [unless the
proposed game description data gets in first, then it can stay
separate scheme files], and c) providing a help file in english.

Regards,
	Christian