GSoC idea: Gnome Games + Telepathy Tube

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Thomas H.P. Andersen <phomes gmail com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 08:11, Zhang Sen <zh jesse gmail com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 14:49 +0200, Fernando wrote:
> I don't think that a global high score is useful for pretty much
> anything. What I would personally care about is how I am ranking
> compared to my friends. It would be nice to have some sort of high
> score sharing/synchronizing feature over telepathy. Logs of the
> results of previous sudoku battles would be the most interesting thing
> IMO. I think this is what the original idea here was about too?
>
> It would be a nice feature but not critical for the soc.
>
> - thomas

Yes, that's what I was meaning.
I mean that it is global in the sense that is has the scores of for
whole empathy contact list, it's intended to be synced with your
telepathy contacts. I dont mean to mix the highscores of different
games, I mean to mix highscores of your friends of the same game
(sudoku, or other).

If sudoku multiplayer is based on scoring and if there's going to be a
competitive sudoku, then  it wouldn't need to be a real-time
communication. The competition would be to score higher than your
friends.

--
Fernando