Re: GSoC idea: Gnome Games + Telepathy Tube

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 08:11, Zhang Sen <zh jesse gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
> On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 14:49 +0200, Fernando wrote:
>> I have a suggestion: it would be nice if there was some global
>> high-score ranking so that you can check the score of every contact
>> you have in your list, and then, you can see who's a good player of
>> sudoku (or other games) and choose to play with him. Or just play in
>> solitary to beat his score, trying to get higher in the global
>> ranking.
>>
>> This could be made in a way that was compatible with every other game
>> that allows for scoring. Just by having this, even without direct
>> multiplayer gamming,  would be already very nice.
>
> Yeah a global high-score ranking is really interesting, although I am
> afraid it is somewhat out of the scope of soc. I can help implement this
> if the games developers want to do it in the future :)

I don't think that a global high score is useful for pretty much
anything. What I would personally care about is how I am ranking
compared to my friends. It would be nice to have some sort of high
score sharing/synchronizing feature over telepathy. Logs of the
results of previous sudoku battles would be the most interesting thing
IMO. I think this is what the original idea here was about too?

It would be a nice feature but not critical for the soc.

- thomas