Re: gnome-games and GNOME 3.0

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 17:43, Jason D. Clinton <me jasonclinton com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Thomas H.P. Andersen <phomes gmail com> wrote:
>> What we have left is:
>> 1) Deprecated GTK symbols:
>> We still have a ton of these. Enough to mark us as "complex" in the
>> Frédéric Péters list: http://www.gnome.org/~fpeters/299.html However
>> they are all in dependencies/ggz-gtk and should go away once we resync
>> that code with upstream ggz. I have been holding this off for their
>> 1.0 release but I think we could as well just do it now. From a quick
>> glance it looks like they have taken the GUI improvements upstream
>> that were done in gnome-games.
>
> AFAIK, ggz upstream after 0.0.14 is still API unstable. We can't use
> it until he's ready to commit to an API that distros can package and
> not have it break every few weeks.

Looks like I lied a bit here. We had two cases of non-ggz-gtk use of
deprecated gtk symbols. One of them is ifdef'ed but the other is not.
Both deprecation and the replacing API are in gtk 2.16. I have
attached a patch to bug #572333. It bumps required gtk to 2.16. Any
objections to this?

>> 2) Libglade:
>> Chess and sudoku will need to be portet to gtkbuilder.
>
> Sounds like a plan :)

I ported sudoku the other day and Robert told me that he is working on chess.