Re: Gnome Games 2.22.1

I agree with you completely that doing checkins in the last few hours
before a release is not a good thing. But I still believe that these
fixes are important enough that we need to include them. 3 of them
were in the top 4 of often crashers in gnome-games the last 14 days.
Two of them were also very trivial bugs. The 4th fix was for an issue
that would cause you to keep getting the same puzzle every time until
you complete it or save it. I fear that we will get another bug flood
if we don't get these in before ubuntu ships hardy. I don't want to
waste as much time as I did last release dealing with bug reports.

Regarding gnometris I'm running version 1.5.14 of cairo and I still
see the issue. It does not get really bad until i have enough bricks
to fill the screen up 2/3 but then it has also reached the level where
I cannot control it any more. This is on a 6800 GT graphics card and
3200+ athlon cpu so I dont' think we can blame the users hardware for
this one. The game in its current state is completely unusable for me.
I really think we should switch to a less demanding theme as default.

(The new theme uses a lot of gradients but cairo does not handle
gradients in an optimized way yet. From the talk carl worth gave at
lca this is comming in future versions however. Lca is some time ago
so maybe the optimizations are already in. I don't know).

Waiting with the release until Tuesday is a good idea. So far the only
late changes have been for sudoku so whoever is reading this please
check out the 2-22 branch and give sudoku a good testing.

- Thomas