Re: GNOME Roadmap - Information request for gnome-games

Hi all,

My plans for 2.22 are:
- Get rid of any remaining glChess crashers (most of the reports at
the moment are from old versions but there's some weird stuff going on
with some opengl drivers and issues running on Fedora and Ubuntu while
people upgrade)
- Get the GGZ networking support in glChess (freshly committed) working well
- Start reducing the number of feature bugs in glChess (people really
want undo etc)

My plans for 2.24 are:
- Look at making use of libgames-support for our Python games to
reduce the amount of code to maintain
- Split the GGZ GUI code out of glChess and make a stand alone "Gnome
Play" application. This would be more like the ggz-gtk client in that
the user would only log in once (currently it is confusing why users
can't play two games at once). Use lots of stuff like d-bus to make it
"just work". I'm waiting until I have a proof of concept before
blogging and writing here about it to get everyones opinion (with my
current development rate it would be vapourware otherwise!).

My general plans are:
- Find a time machine to find some time for all this :)

Gnome Games rocks!
--Robert