Re: Riot in aisle 800

On Fri, 25 May 2007, [UTF-8] Andreas Røsdal wrote:

>> I've put some screenshots here:
>> http://www.gnome.org/~chpe/images/aisleriot-n800-toolbar.png
>> http://www.gnome.org/~chpe/images/aisleriot-n800-notoolbar.png
>> http://www.gnome.org/~chpe/images/aisleriot-n800-fullscreen-toolbar.png
>> http://www.gnome.org/~chpe/images/aisleriot-n800-fullscreen-notoolbar.png

> Now, will you port the rest of the games to the Maemo platform?  :-)

I'd really hope that of the older games Ailseriot would be the most
difficult and that maybe just maybe some of the others game could be
"recompiled for" rather than needing much porting.  From the sounds of it
you were able to get Aislreriot running quickly enough and the rest of the
changes could be considered optimisations, the kind you will likely likely
need or want to repeat your for the other games too.  (GTK only versions
could encourage other groups like XFCE to take more of an interest in
Gnome Games, one would hope.)

In terms of user interfaces some applications such as Five in a row should
require minimal changes.  I know the Blackjack preferences dialog will
almost certainly be too large for a small screen device (but possibly the
Nokia 800 / Maemo platform is just big enough).  I've poked and prodded
other games with a view to keep the dialogs small and simple so no other
user interface problems jumpt to mind.

--
Alan

P.S. When you say you removed the glade dependancy did you remove it only
as a runtime dependancy or compile time too, and if it is the latter case
could that be avoided?