Re: gnome-games summer of code projects

On 3/18/07, Thomas Dybdahl Ahle <lobais gmail com> wrote:
fre, 16 03 2007 kl. 16:25 +0100, skrev Thomas Andersen:
> 2) Challenge/invite online IM-contacts directly from the game. Expand
> the Game menu to:
> Game
>   New game
>   Internet game
>   Challenge friend:
>     Joe
>     Peter
>     Michael

This idea sounds very interesting. However I'm not 100% sure how you
think it should be implemented.

Should the game send a kind of link to the friend, which the game was
set to handle, and there by allowing the friend to accept by clicking
it?
Should the game just tell the user type a message to the friend?
Or should the game make the dialog work like a text based game, so that
the friend could play directly from e.g. Gaim?

Also, how should the game know what language to send the message in? If
the user has friends from different countries, this could be a problem.

These are all interesting implementation problems. There is a lot of
stuff going on in telepathy that can be used for this. Something
called Tubes should land within the following weeks that would sounds
like just the thing to use.

The first question is not if it can be done, but rather "is this
something we want?" And would anyone consider mentoring it?

Unless there is interest in getting any of the proposed ideas there is
little reason for me to write up an application with implementation
ideas etc.

--
Med venlig hilsen,
Best regards,