Re: gnome-games summer of code projects

Oh my, three Thomas's in the same tread :)

First to Thomas Hinkle:

GNOME Sudoku could use some work which could be fun for a programming
student. In particular, we could improve the difficulty and generation
algorithms. There are various solving algorithms that sudoku aficionados
have catalogued... it would be nice if GNOME Sudoku could use more of them
to help it do a better job generating difficult puzzles and rating puzzles
accurately. Reworking GNOME Sudoku's puzzle generation and difficulty
algorithms could be a pretty cool project.

Interesting problem. I didn't even realize that this was needed. Do
you have links to said algorithms? Also do you think this would be an
appropriate task for 12 weeks of work? Seems a bit too "easy" maybe.
(same goes for some of my own proposals. Maybe some could be
combined.) Lastly, would you mentor such a project?

- Thomas Andersen

Tom