Re: gnome-games summer of code projects

Am Freitag, 16. März 2007 16:25 schrieb Thomas Andersen:
> 2) Challenge/invite online IM-contacts directly from the game. Expand
> the Game menu to:
> Game
>   New game
>   Internet game
>   Challenge friend:
>     Joe
>     Peter
>     Michael

There's already code for the other way around: GGZ ships with a Gaim plugin.
However, I'm not sure it works correctly right now since Gaim often changes
their API without any proper documentation on how to port and without any
backwards compatibility, so it was only ported to the state where it
compiles.
</end-of-complaint>

To invite chatters from the game, their internet gaming nickname (i.e. GGZ
login name) would have to be known. During aKademy there were people from
thousands of frameworks in this region, Telepathy, Contacts (now named
ხალხი/Khalkhi) and a few others. It wasn't really possible to get information
from them of how to inject user names known by the application (e.g. current
players in room) into the frameworks. My conclusion was that it wasn't really
possible yet with the frameworks. It would be nice to get an update on that
one.

Josef

--
Free online games for everybody: http://www.ggzgamingzone.org/