Re: gnome-games summer of code projects

> On 3/16/07, Thomas Andersen <phomes gmail com> wrote:
> Googles summer of code is coming up. So far there have been no
> suggestions for projects with gnome-games. Perhaps we could think of
> some in case there should be some students willing to do a project
> here - hint hint - :)

GNOME Sudoku could use some work which could be fun for a programming student. In particular, we could improve the difficulty and generation algorithms. There are various solving algorithms that sudoku aficionados have catalogued... it would be nice if GNOME Sudoku could use more of them to help it do a better job generating difficult puzzles and rating puzzles accurately. Reworking GNOME Sudoku's puzzle generation and difficulty algorithms could be a pretty cool project.

Tom