Re: Gnome Cards Pixmap

Francisco Yuste García said:
> On vie, 2006-09-15 at 02:40 -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> [...]
>> Hum, I was unaware of the existence of this deck. Can you clarify: is
>>  this the style of all card decks in Spain or merely a card deck in
>>  "Spanish motif"?
>>

> It is an Spanish deck because it has the four symbolical suits: "oros",
> "copas", "espadas" y "bastos" and the figures too: "sota", "caballo" y
> "rey".
>
> For compatibility reasons with another aisleriot's games i drew also the
> 8, 9 and 10. They are not so often used in Spanish games. The support
> for Spanish games in rentoy generates the usual Spanish deck.

To answer Jason's question, it's not the style of all card decks in Spain,
but rather, Spanish card decks have been around for quite some time, and
they even sell them down here in Texas grocery stores. The deck on the
page below isn't really being pushed not as a Spanish card deck, but as a
deck for playing "Conquian", an ancestor of Rummy...
http://www.patchproducts.com/store/listcategoriesandproducts.asp?idCategory=73

I talked about them a while back in :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/games-list/2005-September/msg00051.html

-Richard Hoelscher