Unit test framework for gnome-games?

I've been thinking about using a unit test framework for gnome-games,
to automate testing and allow bugs to be detected early. In particular I think it would be useful to have a testing framework that would emulate playing through all the games, to test typical usage and detect crashes. This would hopefully lead to more stable games, reports of test-coverage and allow regression testing[1]. For example, we could potentially enforce that all new patches should also implement a unit test.

A suggestion would be to use Check[2] for the games written in C,
and PyUnit[3] for the two games using Python. Are there other suggestions, and is using a unit testing for gnome-games a sane idea? :)

- Andreas

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regression_testing
[2] http://check.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://pyunit.sourceforge.net/