gtali variant contribution ?

Hi all.

I've hacked up a version of gtali that can also play a slightly different game. Rather than just replicating Yahtzee (tm), my variant can also replicate Kismet (tm), another 5-dice poker like game, but with slightly different scoring rules. In Kismet, the dice have colored spots: 1 and 6 are black, 2 and 5 are red, and 3 and 4 are green, and there are lower-section spots for 2 pair same color, full house same color, and flush (all 5 dice same color). There are other scoring differences, but the basic gameplay is the same.

At any rate, I've modified a copy of the source to play either version, and to keep separate high score files for each version. The "Settings" box would let you choose between variants.

My version still has at least one bug: when I toggle between versions, the I need to restart the game to see the different dice svg files. And the original gtali ones look better than mine, too, but the colors are sort of important to the game.

Would there be any interest in incorporating these into a future release ? If so, I'd be happy to send my patches to any interested parties for comment, and, I hope, eventual inclusion. Feedback would be welcome.

Regards,

Geoff