Re: Maintainership of gnome-games

Andreas Røsdal wrote:

The current policy for new games is that: "Gnome Games is a very large package and there is neither the room for new games or the time to maintain them."

If i counted correctly, 3 people offered to either maintain gnome-games or help with the maintenance (Jason, Richard and you) and other people expressed intention to help in various ways, so maybe time is not the main problem,

So increased space of the gnome-games distribution, and the effort to maintain the current games are the current reasons not to include new games.

Size *is* a serious concern and you are absolutely correct a limit have to be imposed.

How would we decide in an objective way which new games to include? For the time being, I don't think that we should change this policy.

I will be brutal here: i find the gnome-games pretty boring, i use to play them mostly to test how bad my themes work with them (and yes, i like to play games).

--
nicu
my clipart page: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro