Re: Maintainership of gnome-games

Jonathan Blandford wrote:
One thing I'd really love to see the next maintainer of gnome-games do
is to diversify the type of games we have.  We currently have a large
selection of 'puzzle' games, a few arcade games, and not many other
types of games.

A lot of this is for historical and technical reasons.  However, it
would be great to see some house cleaning, and some other types of games
brought in.  GNOME appeals (and ships!) to a wide variety of people --
it would be great if our default game selection did the same.
Hello Jonathan,

The current policy for new games is that: "Gnome Games is a very large package and there is neither the room for new games or the time to maintain them." So increased space of the gnome-games distribution, and the effort to maintain the current games are the current reasons not to include new games.

How would we decide in an objective way which new games to include? For the time being, I don't think that we should change this policy.

Andreas