Re: Hearts considered?

Corey Burger wrote:
> It would be great if you heart could be developed for eventual
> inclusion into gnome-games.

I had hoped to propose this one day when it's close to a 1.0 release or
thereabouts. At the moment I'm working hard to get the basics done so I
can do a 0.1 release. I'd be gratefull to have Hearts in gnome-games
some day, if the (future) maintainer will have it.

Very cool! My one concern is the use of Lua, which afaik, is not a
blessed GNOME dep. Might Python work in it's place?

Probably. I haven't really looked into python all that much. For some reason it dropped off my list quite early but I can't remember why exactly. I did look into scheme/guile but the C interface didn't seem too friendly, plus Lua is used in game developemnt quite a bit so I opted for that instead (hoping to attract more AI developers - not my strong point).

The big plus that Lua has for me is that I can run several totally separate instances of the enviroment inside C. Each player (and the hint AI) is a separate enviroment (lua_State*) so player scripts can freely use globals and what-not without ever stepping on eachother. Does scheme/guile or python provides similar functionality?

--
Sander