Re: Win32 port

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 17:49 +0200, Andreas Rosdal wrote:
> Heretik wrote:
> > Le jeudi 25 mai 2006 à 12:44 +0200, Andreas Rosdal a écrit :
> >
> >> - Look into porting gnome-games to win32.
> >>

> > I see absolutely no interest in this. Do you just want to make win32
> > better ?
> >

> The motivation for this was to give more people access to gnome-games.
> I often use Windows, and would have liked to have gnome-games there as well.
>
> Most OSS games I know about have Win32 ports, so I didn't realize this
> was controversial.  :-)
I personally have never been against a win32 port, simply on the grounds
that the port should be almost trivial once all the libraries are
ported. On the other hand I have never felt any desire to make the
slightest bit of effort towards such a goal - for the reasons Heretik
pointed out. I have applied simple patches as other people have made
them available. If large amounts of #ifdef-ed code where necessary, that
would be bad, but that isn't a function of the port target.