Re: Win32 port

(bah, forgot to send this to the list)

The motivation for this was to give more people access to gnome-games.
I often use Windows, and would have liked to have gnome-games there as well.
I completely agree. Plus, I could get my mother using aisleriot
instead of the, er, proprietary solitaire thing she uses now. I think
getting feedback from a larger audience could only help the project.

Most OSS games I know about have Win32 ports, so I didn't realize this
was controversial.  :-)
I don't think there are many people who specifically do not want a
port, but also not many people interested and skilled enough to work
on one. I know that I probably couldn't do a thing to help port it; I
can't even get mingw set up properly.

Anyway, I doubt the opposition can do anything about it. Callum did
apply that patch from cygwin ports (incidentally, if you do start
working on a port, you should probably get in touch with those
people).

--
Vincent Povirk