Re: saves, seeds, and sessions

bah, I did reply here instead of reply to all
> Even though some countries allow absurd software patents, no where has yet
> allowed basic random number algorithms.  Jesus wept.  It saddens me the
> legal issues have been so confused you would even be worried by this in
> the first place.
>
> Pretty Good Solitaire (goodsol) implments number compatibility with
> Microsoft Freecell and I'd be surprised if you couldn't find others which
> do too, in fact I believe KDE Patience (kpat) does too.
It wasn't the algorithm that worried me, it was the code on that page.
I don't even know how copyright law applies to porting things, and I
can't seem to find any license information.
--
Vincent Povirk aka MadEwokHerd
Primary email: madewokherd gmail com