Re: saves, seeds, and sessions

http://fc-solve.berlios.de/michael_mann/doxygen/html/MiscFreecellGameBoards_8cpp-source.html
>> So the algorithm Microsoft used is available. The main problems with
>> supporting microsoft freecell seeds, as I see it, are legal issues

What What?! WTF?

Please dont create problems where none exist.  Please.
There is enough Fear Uncertainty and Doubt already without adding to it.

Even though some countries allow absurd software patents, no where has yet
allowed basic random number algorithms.  Jesus wept.  It saddens me the
legal issues have been so confused you would even be worried by this in
the first place.

Pretty Good Solitaire (goodsol) implments number compatibility with
Microsoft Freecell and I'd be surprised if you couldn't find others which
do too, in fact I believe KDE Patience (kpat) does too.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/