Re: sound, images, GPL and other licenses

Unless the media or author has explicitly stated otherwise, the graphics and sound are considered to be part of the program as a whole and are be licensed under the GPL.

Some of the art I've contributed is public domain, especially the work that's really a modification of artwork that's well over 100 years old. I will never relicense my stuff under creative commons, but only because I can't quite fit my mind around the "Here, have a music video mashup about share-alike patents and communal self-infatuation!" mindset. :)

-Richard Hoelscher
http://rahga.com/svg (for that old stuff...)