Re: Show remaining numbers hack for gnome-sudoku

On 12/12/06, Jeff Bailey <jbailey raspberryginger com> wrote:
On 12/12/06, Andreas Røsdal <andrearo pvv ntnu no> wrote:

> > Hi!  I find myself keeping a spare gedit window open to track the
> > numbers that I've finished dealing with.
> >
> > This patch causes these to get displayed in the status bar
> > unconditionally.  This patch isn't final, I still want to make it
> > optional, etc.  But before I go and remind myself how gtk works, I
> > wanted to get feedback on it.

> Nice idea, this change seems useful to me. I tried using it during parts
> of a game, and it seems sane. Any objection to this change from anyone?

Sorry -- I still haven't applied the patch, which would make it obvious what it does. That said, I'm confused about what you mean by "the  numbers I'm finished dealing with".

How does this compare with the existing  "hints" ( e.g. the "always show hint" option in the "View" menu)?

It occurs to me that if we do include this, we'll have to get more specific than "hints" for menu descriptions, etc.

Tom