Re: Show remaining numbers hack for gnome-sudoku

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Jeff Bailey wrote:
Hi!  I find myself keeping a spare gedit window open to track the
numbers that I've finished dealing with.

This patch causes these to get displayed in the status bar
unconditionally.  This patch isn't final, I still want to make it
optional, etc.  But before I go and remind myself how gtk works, I
wanted to get feedback on it.

Hello Jeff!

Nice idea, this change seems useful to me. I tried using it during parts of a game, and it seems sane. Any objection to this change from anyone?

Are there other ways of displaying this information? When you double click on a square, you get a number-selection-widget, which could also disable numbers which you're finished dealing with.

But then again, I'm sceptical to automating too much of the game-play.
Have you seen "Solve Sudoku (Without even thinking!)":
http://www.instructables.com/id/EJLUBKN48JEPD7QXGR/?ALLSTEPS

 - Andreas