Re: About GtkGLExt / glChess

Andreas R� wrote:

> There have been many good suggestions for new games in gnome games so
> far. One of the games that I like is glChess
> (http://glchess.sourceforge.net/). It depends upon OpenGl, using the
> GtkGLExt library. Note that glChess does not require hardware support to
> be playable with OpenGl, it can also be played with software as well.

My understanding is that glChess, like most ...chess apps, is not a game
in and of itself, but a front-end for gnuchess, crafty, and similar
engines. It's useless if you don't have at least one of these around (at
least if you don't want to play other people over the internet).
Wouldn't this be inconvenient for inclusion in gnome-games?

 - Sebastian