Re: Aisleriot, Klondike menu and other ideas

Callum McKenzie said:
> On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 18:25 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
>> The game selection has a whole seperate window all to itself and it
>> might make you rethink the fairly minimal game selection menu in
>> Aisleriot.
> Do you have a screenshot? I don't have easy access to a windows machine
> and I am interested in making the selection dialog richer.

http://rahga.com/gnome-games/goodsol-menu.png

One of the nice things is the bottom of the category list shows: "Easy
Games", "Luck Games", "Skill Games", as well as "Not Played" and "Not
Won".

That's the first screen after start-up, and it's hidden when you start a
game. When you close the game window, the explorer window reappears.

For what it's worth, there's also a "Solitaire Wizard", which guides you
through 5 pages to design your own game based on Klondike, Forty Thieves,
Spider, or Fan. Who knows, one day, some insane fellow out there might try
making a wizard that generates scheme for custom aisleriot games... Not
me, though. :)

-Richard Hoelscher
http://rahga.com/svg/