Re: Upcoming bugs in CVS gnome-games

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 12:16 -0500, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Hi Callum,
>
> gob seems to be largely unmaintained nowadays.  Would it make sense to
> just use the G_DEFINE_TYPE macros instead?  They generate cleaner code,
> and are part of glib, which makes it easier for others to build off of.

gob had a release on 26 October 2004. That isn't entirely unmaintained.

I am happy enough to convert from .gob to the normal .c/.h later, but
for the moment I find gob makes my life a lot easier while I am chopping
and changing the API for this widget. Both because it involves less
typing (although the glib macros help a lot) and because it is clearer
what everything is doing it terms of it being an object.